Letter from Heaven: Thanks to Jem

Dear Jeremy Atticus Finch,
by the time you are reading this letter, I would have already overcame my addiction of morphine with your help. As you might have already known, Atticus would have sent you to read to me even if you did not cut my precious camellias. You had helped me to lenghten the intervals for when I am supposed to take my pills, and thus achieved my goal. And also with the help of you and your sister, Jean Louis Finch, I was able to die as a non-morphine addict and beholden to nothing, but in much pain and agony. When you grow up, I hope that you will become a gentleman who shows moral courage, just like your father. Lastly, I apologise for being so grouchy and moody due to the side effects from the large morphine consumption. Please accept the candy box which I had your father to pass to you as a thank you for allowing me to die free. God bless.
Yours heavenly,
Mrs Henry Lafayette Dubose

No comments:

Post a Comment