Diary from Heaven: Once upon a Memory

It was on a Saturday morning after I had taken my dose of morphine.
I was sitting out on my porch as usual, watching the life in Maycomb go by.
Slow as always.
No sooner, the two Finch kids came passing by just as my conciousness began to fade by the minute.
Before I knew it, my subconcious self took over my mind (and mouth).
It, my subconcious self, started giving the Finch boy a hard time.
And when Jeremy talked back, it became unhappy and started insulting Scout, and even Atticus.
saying that Atticus' "lawing for niggers" was just spoiling the Finch's name, and also about him not remarrying and letting his children run lose.
It went too far and it knew it.
Even I knew it.
However, Jeremy and Jean Louis had just went off to where they were going to.
I waited for them disappear from my point of view before calling for Jessie take take me back into the house before I totally lose concious... ...
... ... in the afternoon, I was awoken by the shrieking coming from outside house.
It took me awhile before the numbness from the morphine completely weared off.
When i was finally ready, the suprise waiting for me outside gave me the shock of my life.
My precious camellias!
Someone had cut my precious camllias!
The lovely buds were lying in a mess all over my porch.
Then I saw this broken baton with its filthy yellow tassal lying among the pile of dying camellia buds.
Somehow it had struck me that the culprit was Jeremy Finch.
I could not blame him after all that I had said from this morning... ...
... ...Whem evening came, I was in my front porch again.
As usual, Atticus would walk pass my porch behaving like a gentlemen. But this time, without his two children.
By the look on his face, it seems that he saw the cut camellias lying on the floor.
Jessie then passed the broken baton to Atticus and told him what had happened.
he had probably understood the situation, and told me that he would send Jeremy over to my house daily to help me with my addiction as a punishment.
Then, he said his usual farewells to me and hoped with all his heart that Id have a good day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment